Monday, May 19, 2008

I don't really have time for this...

But I'm going to update anyway.

So yesterday was pretty uneventful: ran with Anna, worked on my paper all day. Had dinner while video chatting with Kim, went back to work, then went on a walk with Becky, worked a little more and went to bed. Though, I suppose there was an hour there where I wasn't working.
(Calixte, 2 is on the left hitting my water bottle against the floor, and Maxcence, 4 is on the right. Yes, he's wearing suspenders. He doesn't usually. I think it's his Sunday outfit.)

My two host brothers came in my room and asked me what various things were and why I had them, like some gum, mints, earrings, pocket knife, four different chapsticks (whcih I then had to put on. all four), Maxcence tried to tell me that "les yeux" was hair, which is actually eyes, so that was funny. Then they were looking at my water bottles, and Calixte made a ton of noise hitting my metal Sigg bottle against the floor. Then Maxcence poured water from one bottle into the other and got water all over the floor and tried to blame it on Calixte. That was funny. Then he took some of my stuff and was about to take it away when Lorraine came in, made them give me back my stuff and told me to leave me in peace to do my work. It was all very entertaining, and a nice study break, I suppose.Today I got up, had some breakfast and worked on my essay some more. Until just before 4. Then my day became a lot more fun and a lot less paper writing (of which I still have more of, which is why I don't have time for this). Anyway, I met Becky and we went over to the Tour Eiffel where we met a bunch of others from our program and had fancy tasty cake from Monica. Then we had an hour long cruise on the Seine where we got to taste three kinds of champagne. It was super fun, and I really like champagne.
Then we got dinner at this random restaurant. It wasn't too expensive and I had a GIANT salad. Now I'm full, and have to get back to writing my paper. (It's 10 pages on the role of the president/French government in culture and the arts, and I'm talking about the history/historical precedent and what's going on today with Sarkozy. I have 6 pages right now.)

No comments: