Tuesday, May 27, 2008

un match d'impro

Yesterday was half full of not much-ran around the lake with Anna, and wrote some journal entries. Then, I went to dinner with Jess and had a tasty kebab sandwich and green tea à la menthe (i'm so going to make this tea when i get home...green tea with mint leaves and sweetened with sugar. mmmmm). Then we met up with our theater class to see an improv comedy match. Apparently this goes down in th states, but I'd never seen anything like it. It was great, even though I understood, well, not much.
(Jess at the match, holding the slipper she threw. You can see some jerseys like the one's the teams (of 4) wore behind her).

It was France versus Quebec. Each member of the audience got a slipper to throw at the ref if we disagreed with his call. Also, after the announcement of how long each sketch was to be the audience repeated the amount of time (in between one minute and six, at least last night) followed by "oh la la!" Also, the DJ sang "we will rock you" and we sang along and he got the lyrics wrong. good times.

The actual match was pretty hilarious, even though I didn't often have any idea what was going on. They warmed up beforehand, and the France team played this game that I've played before as an icebreaker, so that was fun to see. Also, one of the sketches was in the style of shakespeare with the theme (picked by an audience member) of "carnival of asparaguses." And my favorite part was when one guy handed his lover something (a knife, presumably) and told her to go stab her father. She took the object (invisible props, obviously) and said, "it's an asparagus, but I'll try all the same". haha.
(the metro at 4am. this is from that night i stayed out all night. i felt like this post needed another picture, so there you are)

I can't really get over how ridiculous it was. it was in this area, with a ring in the middle (like a boxing match or something) and they wore hockey-like jerseys. The other thing I couldn't get over is how, on my way there I saw someone who looked exactly like Julian Whitney-Fawcett. No joke. It wasn't just like, at a glance he looked like him but then not really when you actually looked, which happens all the time, but this guy dressed the same and had a really similar face and until I got a really good look at his face, even though I know Julian's not in Paris, I was almost convinced it could be him. Weirdest thing ever. He looked so much like him! ahhhh!
(Calixte is wearing my shoes. So is Maxcence in the background, who also pulled down his pants. Don't ask me why. Crazy kids.)

Then, today, was just classes, and an attempt at the Louvre, but me and Becky forgot that museums generally aren't open tuesday. So then I went home, fretted about classes for next term (registration is tonight), and studied the best I could for this test tomorrow. Oh, and Maxcence and Calixte came in and bothered me some more. Always entertaining. I started a video chat with Kim, and I think they were confused as to how that even worked.

No comments: