Monday, May 12, 2008

So what did happen this weekend?

Saturday I went on the run during probably the hottest part of the day. It was crazy. And there were oh-so-many people walking around the lake that I ran around. I was one of the few people insane enough to actually be running. Then Anna and I had a monoprix picnic...ie when I get dinner for myself, it ends up being random...some yogurt, chips, strawberries and a kinder bueno. (kinder buenos are made by the same company who makes kinder egg surprises, and they have a lot of different chocolate products that are soooo tasty.)
(on my walk to the métro--I thought the sky looked really pretty)
Then we went to the opera. We saw Barber de Seville. It was pretty good. I had no idea what it was about going in, and it was in Italian. They had French subtitles of course, and I understood them fine. The set was elaborate--this moving house thing, mountains, and at the end, palm trees (fake of course, but I feel like they put a lot of work into them for only the last 30 seconds of the opera. Oh well.) All in all, I thought it was well done. However, I'm no expert on operas-I'd only ever seen one before in San Francisco (La Bohème).

Sunday was full of trying to write a paper for my art history class. I kept getting distracted by things like the internet. Oh well. (It was also mother's day, so I called my mom. also, I video chatted with Kim, which was fun). I had lunch with Lorraine and her sister outside in the yard, which was really nice. That evening no one was home, and I'm not entirely sure why. But, I ate dinner and then met up with my friend Jess to go to a café and had dessert (me and my dessert-blueberry and strawberry sorbets with whipped cream). It was a lot of fun, and it felt good to get out of the house, because I'd been there the entire day.
Today I finished my paper, and went to see another play. This one was L'école des femmes, another play by Molière that Jess needed to see for her research project. I'd read it back in high school, and thought it'd be fun to see a production of it. It was in a small theater near where Moulin Rouge is, and was fairly low budget. The costumes were kind of comical rag-doll-ish: I couldn't get over how many patterns-strips, floral, a different floral-they mixed. All in all, it was kind of entertaining, but probably wouldn't have been if I didn't already know the story. It wasn't anything spectacular, but again, had I not done that I would have hung around the house all day.

So that was this weekend. Nothing majorly exciting, though I suppose full of cultural activities.

No comments: